Paula's Fudge Brownies
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 5 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Fudge Frosting
- Garnish: if you wish with chopped walnuts
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan: cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes. Stir in eggs, flour and nuts.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Pour Fudge Frosting overtop: chill 15 minutes and cut into squares. Garnish if desired -
1 Cup whipping cream
12 (1 once) squares semisweet chocolate
Heat whipping cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat - Add chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature.