Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
A double dose of chocolate together with Greek yogurt combine to make this a very special zucchini bread. It’s a decadent, yet wholesome delight!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded (from 1 to 2 zucchini), gently packed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from fromvalerieskitchen.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously coat a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Cut off ends of unpeeled zucchini and shred, finely. Wrap shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel or double layer of paper towels and squeeze out excess moisture. Set aside.
In large bowl beat eggs with an electric hand mixer. Add sugar and beat for a minute or two until completely combined. Pour in the oil, with beaters running, and then add vanilla.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Using a wooden spoon, add dry mixture to the wet mixture in increments, alternating with the Greek yogurt, stirring after each addition. Stir in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth surface evenly. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove the pan from oven and allow cool for about 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
You'll also love
- Fettuccine with Mushrooms 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Date Bars 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Halibut with Roasted... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Perfect Strawberry Margarita 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Potato Puppies 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Avocado & Egg English Muffin 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Herbed Bagel Chips 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Farmer's Market Squash Saute 4.4/5 (12 Votes)