Blitz Dessert Bars
- For the Crust
- Parchment paper
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup ground pretzels (measure after grinding)
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- For the Topping
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, broken
- 1/2 cup whole roasted salted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate or peanut butter pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut (we used thick-cut coconut but regular shred also works)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving
the paper long enough to hang over the edge of the pan.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, ground pretzels and sugar to combine. Add the melted butter
and mix again until you have soft dough.
3. Press the dough into a pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let
4. While the crust is cooling, melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave.
Add the peanut butter, stirring until well combined. Pour and spread the filling evenly
over the cooled crust.
5. Sprinkle the remaining topping ingredients evenly over the filling.
6. Chill in the freezer for 1 hour. Use the parchment to lift the cookies out of the pan.
Cut into rectangles.
Makes about 30 bars