* Note: Make this as fiery as you like by adjusting the amount of crushed red pepper.
* 1 4½-pound chicken, quartered, backbone removed
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 large russet potatoes (about 14 ounces each), peeled, each cut into 6 pieces)
* 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
* ½ teaspoon (or more) dried crushed red pepper
* ½ cup chicken stock or canned chicken broth
* 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
* Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle oregano and garlic powder over chicken; set aside. Heat oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat. Add potatoes and sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer potatoes to bowl. Add chicken to same pot and sauté until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add garlic cloves and dried crushed red pepper and sauté 2 minutes. Return potatoes to pot. Remove pot from heat. Add stock. Return to medium-high heat and bring to boil. Cover pot tightly; transfer to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Add peas to pot; cover and bake 5 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to platter. Arrange potatoes and peas around chicken. Pour sauce from pot over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve.