Coconut Cherry Petits Gateaux
- 1/2 cup (100gr) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 (125ml) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons (30gr) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 3/4 cups (220gr)all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350F and position a rack in the center. Lightly spray or butter muffin tins or cupcake molds. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or with hand held beaters) whisk together the sugar and the eggs on medium speed for 5 minutes. With the machine running on low speed, add the coconut milk, melted butter and coconut extract. Beat for a minute to incorporate all the ingredients thoroughly. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until smooth. Stop the machine and fold in the cherries with a spatula. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins and sprinkle with the chopped pumpkin seeds. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clear.