Fricassee Of Beef
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 1 bag (8 ounces) baby carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and halved
- 1 packet (1.6 ounces) garlic and herb sauce mix
- 1 container (21 ounces) refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes
Adapted from sandralee.com
Season meat well with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour and shake off.
In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, melt butter. Add beef and brown on all sides. Add onions, carrots, and broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour.
Remove lid and add halved Brussels sprouts. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Stir in sauce mix and simmer for 3 minutes, or until sauce thickens. If sauce becomes too thick, thin with a little water.
Meanwhile, microwave potatoes according to package directions.
Serve hot beef and vegetables over heated mashed potatoes.