Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
In cooking, often simple is best, and this sugar cookie recipe is no exception. Flavored with a little vanilla and almond extracts, this cookie is delicious!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugars for decorating
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Make sure to spoon the flour into your measuring cup and level it off with a knife to ensure accurate measurements. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until completely combined.
Roll the dough between 2 sheets of parchment or wax paper and place on a baking sheet in the refrigerator. Chill for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters and transfer to a baking sheet. Sprinkle with colored sugars and bake at 350°F for 8 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 40 to 50 cookies.
You'll also love
- Boston Baked Beans 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- The Best Cake Donuts 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Valentine's Day Chocolate Chip... 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Cherry Cream Cheese Bake 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Guilty Pleasure Peppermint Patties 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Macadamia Nut & White Chocolate... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)