Turkey Burgers With Brie And Grilled Apples
- 2 pounds freshly-ground turkey
- 4 Brie cheese cubes, 1"-sq by 1/2"-thk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored, and sliced 1/2" thick crosswise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 burger rolls
- Ketchup as needed
To prepare the burgers: Shape the meat firmly into 4 round uniform patties about 1 1/2 inches thick. Make a small indentation in the center of each patty and place 1 cube of the cheese in each. Knead the meat slightly to cover the hole. Brush both sides of the burgers lightly with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook the burgers to your liking.
Brush the apples on both sides with the vegetable oil. Grill (in a grill pan) until golden on both sides.
Place a burger on the bottom of each roll, top with 1 or 2 apple slices and a dollop of ketchup.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (708 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (680 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)