Chocolate French Toast
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1 inch thick slices french bread
1. Mix dry ingredients with half of the milk and form a smooth paste Mix in the rest of the milk, eggs and vanilla.
2. Whisk until well blended. Pour over bread in 9x12 pan. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes.
3. Fry in butter about 4 minutes each side.
4. Serve with strawberries, bananas or other fruit and powdered sugar.