Hummingbird Poke Cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup ripe, mashed banana
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Adapted from spicysouthernkitchen.com
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2.Using an electric mixer, beat together cake mix, banana, crushed pineapple, oil, water, eggs, and cinnamon until smooth. Stir in 1 cup pecans.
3.Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, or until firm to the touch on top.
4.Let cool 10 minutes and then poke holes in cake, spaced about 1 inch apart, using the end of a wooden spoon.
5.Using an electric mixer, beat pudding mix, milk, and sweetened condensed milk together at medium-speed until smooth and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
6.Slowly and evenly pour over cake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
7.To make frosting, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese and ½ cup of whipped topping together. Add sugar and remaining topping and beat just until combined.
8.Spread frosting over cake and sprinkle with pecans.