Roasted Cauliflower, Leek and Garlic Soup with Lemon Fritters
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 whole head garlic
- 2 leeks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup water, or veggie or chicken stock
- 1 -2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 375F (convection) and position a rack in the middle.
Trim the outer leaves from the cauliflower head. Cut in quarters, remove the core, and cut the cauliflower into medium size florets. Place on a large baking sheet.
Cut the garlic head in half, place on the baking sheet with the cauliflower.
Trim the white part from the green stalk of the leeks. Keep the white part and cut into medium sized chunks. Wash well under water and place also on the baking sheet.
Drizzle with the oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 20-25 minutes.
Let cool slightly. Place in a food processor, start running the machine and add enough water to have a creamy soup. Re-season if necessary with salt and pepper. Serve.
Heat oil in medium large cast iron pan until temperature reaches 375F.
In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, lemon zest, juice and eggs until well blended. Add the flour and baking powder, along with the milk. Mix well until the mixture is smooth. Drop by large spoonfuls into the hot oil. Do not over crowd the pan or it will lower the heat too much and you will end up with soggy fritters. Let cook for 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- Spiced Chicken Skewers with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Grilled Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cornmeal pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Moroccan Cauliflower with Yogurt... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Apple cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Chicken Thighs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic/Cheese Pull Apart Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)