- Homemade Croutons:
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 green onion with tops, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 1/2 cups fish stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp or lobster meat, chopped
- Homemade croutons, recipe follows
- 3 slices white bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut bread with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Place onto a cookie sheet and bake until toasted.
In a medium saucepan, add celery, onions and butter, stirring occasionally. When tender add garlic and mix together. Stir in flour and half and half. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in fish stock and parsley. Cook for 10 minutes until it thickens. Add shrimp meat and let simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir occasionally. Add salt, to taste.
When ready, serve with croutons.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (889 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)