S'mores Ice Cream Cake
By carol gorman
The ice cream inside the cake stays frozen while the s'mores topping toasts golden brown. Don't ask how—just say wow.
- 14 graham crackers, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 (4-ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 (8-ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, do not thaw.
- 1 (1 3/4 quart) container chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 (10-ounce) package JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 312mins
Crush 8 1/2 crackers to form fine crumbs; break remaining crackers into rectangles. Place cracker crumbs in medium bowl. Add butter and sugar; mix well. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, microwave chocolate and COOL WHIP in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 to 2 1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is blended, stirring after each minute. Let stand 15 minutes. Spread chocolate mixture over crust. Stand cracker rectangles, top-sides facing out, around edge of pan, pressing gently into chocolate mixture to secure. Freeze 20 minutes or until filling is firm.
Cover with ice cream. Freeze 4 hours or until ice cream layer is very firm. When ready to serve dessert, reserve 2 cups marshmallows. Microwave remaining marshmallows and milk in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute 15 seconds or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 minute. Cool 10 minutes.
Heat broiler. Place dessert on baking sheet; top with melted marshmallow mixture and reserved marshmallows. Broil, 6 inches from heat, 1 minute or until marshmallows are golden brown. Remove rim of pan before serving dessert.
You'll also love
- Ice Cream Bread 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream... 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Maple Syrup Spice Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Gigi's Oyster Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Pecan Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ice Cream & Candy Bar Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Christmas Truffles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Frozen Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)