Grilled Squid Stuffed With Couscous
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 cup finely-chopped red onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 pound chorizo finely diced
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 squid cleaned, tentacles
- removed, only use long bodies
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add the chorizo and cook until golden brown. Add the couscous and coat with the mixture. Bring the chicken stock to a boil, pour over the couscous, bring back to the boil, cover and remove from the heat. Let sit 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and let cool.
Stuff the squid with the couscous mixture and secure the end with a toothpick. Brush the squid with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)