Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- zest of 2 oranges
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, roughly chopped
- Orange Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Butter and flour two medium size loaf pans, and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
When light in color and fluffy, add in zest.
With mixer on low, add in eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition.
Stir in vanilla.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Mix until just incorporated.
Fold in cranberries.
Divide batter evenly between the loaf pans.
Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove from oven.
Place cakes on a wire rack to cool.
After about 5 minutes, lay cakes on their sides, and allow to cool for another 5 minutes.
Flip cakes onto their other sides and cool for another 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, and let cool on the wire rack.
While still warm, drizzle with Orange Glaze.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
Add more juice or sugar to achieve desired consistency.
You'll also love
- Skillet Roast Potatoes Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blue Crab Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai Quinoa Salad with Fresh Herbs... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Salmon Sliders with Citrus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- strawberry pops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Berry Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)