Apple Snickerdoodle Cobbler
prep time 20 min
total time 1 hr 15 min
- Fruit Mixture
- 7 cups peeled, medium-sliced Granny Smith apples (3 to 4 large or 6 to 7 small)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 package (12 cookies) P1teaspoon vanilla
1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
2 In large bowl, gently toss Fruit Mixture ingredients until apple slices are coated. Pour evenly into pie plate.
3 In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Dip top of each cookie into sugar- cinnamon mixture; arrange on top of apple mixture.
4 Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until Topping is golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Try this cobbler with whatever apples you have on hand. If you use less-tart apples, adjust the brown sugar amount.
Make sure you serve the cobbler warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It really takes this dessert over the top!