Salted Caramel Apple Crumble
This Salted Caramel Apple Crumble is a perfect dessert. Another simple, delicious and flavorful recipe.
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from laurenslatest.com
For the caramel sauce- heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat to melt sugar. Continue cooking and swirling sugar until it turns amber in color. Whisk in sea salt and heavy cream. Mixture will bubble up violently briefly. Continue whisking until sauce is smooth in consistency. Stir in butter and vanilla. Set aside.
For the crumble- combine all ingredients together using a stand mixer. Mixture will be crumbly, but stay together when squeezed. Set aside.
Prepare apples and toss in lemon juice. Cook apples in a large cast iron skillet over medium low heat in butter to draw out moisture. Sprinkle with salt to draw out all the moisture possible. Drain apples and place back into skillet. This process should take about 5 to 7 minutes of cooking.
Pour 3/4 of prepared caramel sauce into the apples and stir gently. Top with the crumble topping. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes and serve with remaining caramel sauce.
You'll also love
- Apple Cranberry Dump Cake Cobbler 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) Spring... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Cake With Vanilla... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- William Tell's Never-Miss Apple... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Monster Bark 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Olallieberry Apple Crisp 4/5 (2 Votes)