Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed between fingertips
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, cut into coins
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 16 oz cooked chicken breast, diced small
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup milk
n a large saucepan, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil on medium high heat. Add onion, celery, mushrooms, thyme and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often, add garlic and cook another minute. Add carrots, potatoes, the cooked chicken and the flour.
Stir in the chicken broth, frozen peas and parsley.
Bring to a simmer and cook 25 minutes. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the milk, bring back to a simmer and cook 5-10 minutes.