Apple Cider Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
Healthy and delicious vegan recipe for acorn squash stuffed with quinoa flavored with apple cider. Tastes amazing!
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups apple juice or cider
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/2 cup dried berries
- 1/2 cup diced apples
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup almonds, pecans, or other nuts
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from pahls.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut squash in half, place the halves cut side down in a baking dish filled with 1/2 inch of water. Bake for 40 minutes or until soft.
Add quinoa, apple cider, and spices to a pan. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes.
Saute onion in olive oil over medium heat. Once translucent, saute kale for just a minute or so. Add sauteed veggies, dried berries, apples, maple syrup and nuts to the quinoa once it’s done.
Remove squash from the oven, turn each half right side up, and brush edges with olive oil. Fill each half with the quinoa mixture and return to the oven for about 10 minutes more. The squash should be tender and easily pierced with a fork.
You'll also love
- Crunchy Corn Salad 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Pasta 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Grilled Salmon and... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- RAW BERRY CRISP 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Mushroom & Swiss Burgers 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Lower-Sugar Sweet & Sour Sauce 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Ratatouille-Stuffed Zucchini Pizzas 4.7/5 (11 Votes)