Thai-Flavored Lobster Salad
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 6 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 pounds uncooked lobster meat steamed or broiled, and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup basil thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper or to taste
- 4 pieces Boston lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
Warm oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat; add ginger, sauté 1 minute and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Add zest, lemon juice, lobster, cilantro, basil and cucumber to bowl; mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Note: You can purchase already cooked lobster meat if you prefer.)
Set a lettuce leaf on each of 4 plates. Arrange salad on top and garnish with red onion.
This recipe yields 4 servings; about 1 cup lobster salad per serving.
Points® Value: 3