Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad
This delicious Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad recipe is very forgiving so feel free to adapt it to your personal taste. It is filled with the goodness of fresh salad tomatoes, avocado, corn, black beans, romaine lettuce and a full flavored creamy Chipotle dressing. The dressing is amazing and you will find yourself making it to use on other salads as well.Be sure and use romaine lettuce as it is sturdy enough to stand up to the moist ingredients and won’t wilt as quickly. This flavorful salad is just as good on the second day!
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped (about 2 breasts)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup peeled avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from nutmegnotebook.com
Combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Tip: Add a spoonful of adobo sauce for a spicier salad. Kidney or pinto beans also taste great in this dish.