Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup cream
- small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 4 tilapia fillets
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- oil for frying
Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and add cream. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Sauce will turn slightly pink and coat the back of the spoon. (Note: It is okay if the sauce boils slightly.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, pour enough oil just to coat the bottom of a skillet and heat over medium heat.
Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season both sides with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Combine Parmesan, panko and granulated garlic.
Dredge the seasoned tilapia fillets in the flour. Shake off excess. Dip in egg. Press into Parmesan/panko mixture.
Place fish in heated skillet, in batches if necessary and cook 3-4 minutes per side. Fish will be golden brown and will flake easily when done.
When you remove the fish, chiffonnade the basil (Note: To do this, simply roll up a few basil leaves and gently chop). Stir the basil into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Lay fish on a serving platter and spoon sauce over the top. Serve.
I served this with steamed asparagus and my Creamy Mashed Potatoes, it was delicious. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Butterscotch Coconut Cookies 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Spinach & Pink Lady Apple Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Garlic Chicken (Slow Cooker) 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Crispy-Skin Salmon 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- White Clam Pizza 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Salmon Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with Garlic Butter 4.3/5 (3 Votes)