Shrimp And Scallion Skewers, Creamy Grilled Pepper Sauce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper quartered
- 3 servings olive oil cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves - (loosely-packed)
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 7 medium scallions chop 1, and slice
- the others into 6 pieces each
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 36 large fresh shrimp peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Preheat grill or grill pan. Coat red pepper with cooking spray. Grill, turning as needed, until lightly charred and tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
To make sauce, place grilled pepper, parsley, mayonnaise, 1 chopped scallion, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is blended and ingredients are finely chopped; set aside.
Thread 3 pieces each of shrimp and sliced scallions onto each of 12 metal skewers. (Note: If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before use to prevent charring.) Lightly coat shrimp and scallions with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
Grill skewers, turning once, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes.
This recipe yields 6 servings; 2 skewers and about 2 tablespoons of sauce per serving.
Points® Value: 1