Orange-Grilled Scallops With Mint And Tomatoes
- 6 large navel oranges
- 1 pound scallops
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper or to taste
Using a grater (or zester), grate enough peel from 2 oranges to yield 2 tablespoons of zest; put 1 tablespoon in each of 2 medium bowls.
Peel remaing 4 oranges, remove pits and cut segments into 1/2-inch chunks. Add chunks to one bowl of zest, cover and refrigerate until needed.
Squeeze juice from zested oranges and add it to the remaining bowl of zest. Stir in scallops and 1 1/2 tablespoons of mint; cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Prepare coals for grill.
Add tomatoes and remaining mint to the orange chunks; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Thread scallops evenly onto 4 wooden skewers and grill until done, about 5 minutes. Spoon 1/4 of the tomato salad onto each of 4 plates and top with a skewer of scallops. (Note: Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning.)
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Points® Value: 4
You'll also love
- Classic Midwestern Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baja-Style Fish Tacos With Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Bechamel Over Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Open-Faced Crab-Melt Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Halibut With Nectarine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles With Turkey Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Lobster Tail With Sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)