Baby Beet Sorbet
You'll be surprised how delicious this Baby Beet Sorbet recipe is!
- 12 ounces baby beets about 12 to 14 beets, unpeeled, washed and quartered, ends trimmed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Adapted from edamam.com
Place the beets in a small, heavy-bottomed sauce- pan and add water to cover by an inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer, uncovered, until the beets are thoroughly cooked and tender all the way through, 25 to 30 minutes. Test their doneness by inserting a fork into the thickest beet. If it slides in and out without resistance, your beets are done; if not, continue to cook. If necessary, add enough water to keep the beets partially submerged while cooking. When done, remove from the heat, pour the beets and cooking liquid into a blender, and purée thoroughly. You should have 2 cups (16 fluid ounces) of beet purée. If your purée falls short, add water to yield 2 cups. Pour it into a shallow bowl or pan and place in the refrigerator to chill thoroughly, about 1 hour.
While the purée is chilling, bring the sugar and water just to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat, whisking to dissolve the sugar. Pour the sugar syrup into a shallow pan or bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill thoroughly, about 1 hour.
When the beet purée and sugar syrup are thoroughly chilled, combine them and whisk in the lemon juice. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the sorbet to an airtight glass or plastic freezer container. Cover tightly and freeze until the sorbet is firm, at least 4 hours.
You'll also love
- Individual Raspberry Cobblers 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Grilled Yellowfin Tuna with... 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Holiday Season Cranberry Bread 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Kale Chips 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes, Carrots,... 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Osso Bucco with Risotto Milanese 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Lasagna 4.3/5 (69 Votes)