Lisa's Noodle Kugel
Raisins, vanilla extract, and buttery egg noodles come together in this kugel recipe that is sure to please any noodle-lover! Lisa's Noodle Kugel is the perfect recipe to travel with so wrap it up and take it on the road during the holidays or take this dish to your next potlucks and watch it quickly become the star of the show. This comforting dish goes best with good friends and loved ones, laughing while making new memories any time of the year.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 eggs, plus 2 yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup golden raisins
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 93mins
Mash the butter, sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon together in a small bowl, using a rubber spatula; set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish or shallow casserole dish of similar size with 1 tablespoon of the butter; set aside.
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the noodles. Cook until almost tender but still a little firm to the bite, about 6 minutes. Drain the noodles, transfer them to a large bowl, and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Allow the noodles to cool, tossing them occasionally about 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, cottage cheese, and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the eggs and yolks, sugar and vanilla; continue to beat until combined, stopping the mixer and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, as needed.
Add the cream cheese mixture and raisins to the cooled noodles; toss to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Dot the walnut topping evenly over the noodles.
Bake until the noodles on the surface are golden and crispy, 40 to 45 minutes. Allow the kugel to cool for 5 minutes. Serve hot or warm, at room temperature, or refrigerate and serve cold.
You'll also love
- Best Canned Tomato Salsa 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Peach Buttermilk Mini Cakes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Easy Pineapple Glazed Spiral Ham 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Double Rainbow Cake Jelly Shot 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Broccoli with Chili Peppers,... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Fettuccine with Ham & Peas 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Ginger Beef and Ramen Noodle Soup 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Sweet Cream Cheese Noodle Kugel 4.4/5 (16 Votes)