Baked Spaghetti (Chelsea)
- 1 lb of any pasta you like (spaghetti, angel hair, vermicelli, etc.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 - 1 large container of cottage cheese
- 1-2 C of shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese (just depends on how cheesy you like it to be)
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, chicken or sausage - browned and seasoned how you like (I usually throw in a little diced onion and some sliced mushrooms if I have them on hand too, but not necessary)
- 1 jar of your preferred pasta sauce
- Optional: cooked broccoli that has been diced
Cook pasta until it is just a little under cooked (it will finish cooking in the oven). Rinse with cold water or add a little olive oil so it doesn't get too sticky.
Once the pasta is cooled, add in the eggs and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Add to a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
Mix together the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and broccoli (if using). Layer top of the pasta.
Mix with pasta sauce with meat/meat mixture, and place on top of cheese mixture.
Bake at 375 for about 30-60 minutes (if I make it the night before and it is cold from being in the fridge it usually takes closer to the 60 minutes, but if I assemble right before baking it is usually closer to 30-40) until bubbly and a little brown around the edges.