- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 teaspoons curry powder, mild variety divided
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh ginger root
- 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast cut 1 1/2" cubes
- 2 large ripe tomatoes seeded, and chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt or sea salt (preferred)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Place 1 tablespoon of oil, curry powder, coriander, cumin, ginger and garlic in a large nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add remaining tablespoon of oil and chicken to skillet; stir to coat with spiced oil.
Add tomatoes to skillet; cover skillet and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover skillet and stir to combine.
Add spinach to skillet; cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Uncover skillet and stir to combine.
Add sea salt, water and cilantro to skillet; simmer for 1 minute.
This recipe yields 4 servings; about 1 1/2 heaping cups per serving.
Points® Value: 5