Cranberry Orange Blossoms
Flower cookies with a cranberry center.
- 3 sticks of butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. orange extract
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 5 oz bag dried cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 1 drop red food coloring
Adapted from sprinklebakes.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, orange extract,food colorings (opt.) and orange zest, mix well. Stir together flour and baking powder. Add to mixer until a smooth dough forms.
For flower cookies, load dough into a cookie press and place on greased cookie sheet about 1" apart. Lightly press one dried cranberry in the centers of the flowers. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on rack.
**If you are not using a cookie press, rounds can be made by rolling dough into 1" balls. Flatten with the back of a spoon. Press a few cranberries into each cookie for a festive look.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Bundt Cake with Lemon... 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Braised smoked pork shank in... 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Paula Deen’s Pineapple Casserole 3.8/5 (91 Votes)
- Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon... 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Uchiko Brussels Sprouts with Lemon... 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Pear & Cranberry Pie 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- SALMON LA ORANGE SUE'S 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Tomato Soup with Orange & Cumin 4.3/5 (6 Votes)