Chicken Salad - Pioneer Woman
- * Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Rinse chicken thoroughly and place in a large pot of water. Turn on the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is done (about 45 minutes to an hour). When you are ready, remove the chicken from the pot and place on a plate. With your fingers or a fork, pull all of the meat off the bones, chop into bite-sized chunks and set aside.
Chop all of your fruits and veggies and place them in a bowl with the chicken.
In another bowl mix mayonnaise, yogurt (or sour cream), lemon juice, brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Add fresh herbs (dill, oregano, cilantro…whatever makes your skirt fly up) and if you’re feeling a bit brazen throw in a dash of cayenne pepper!
When the dressing tastes just right (you must taste test for appropriate saltiness especially), pour it over the chicken/veggie/fruit mixture and stir gently until everything is thoroughly mixed. If you are feeling naughty add a sprinkling of bacon bits.
Allow the salad to chill for several hours (or even overnight). Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a sandwich or heck, eat it straight out of the bowl with a serving spoon.
You'll also love
- Little Caesar's Pizza Sauce 3.7/5 (52 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken 3.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Fall off the Bone Roasted Chicken... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Bobby Flay's Oven-Fried Chicken 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Fried Chicken 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Kickin Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheese Puffs with Chicken Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)