Really Good Macaroni Salad
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups elbow macaroni (1 lb box, cooked)
- 1/2 large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 5-6 sweet pickles, finely chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup green olives (pimento-stuffed), sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Additional fresh dill for garnish
Begin by cooking the macaroni according to the package directions. Cook al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Set aside..
For the dressing, in a medium-size bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, pickle juice, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined.
In a large bowl, add the macaroni, onion, celery, pickles, green olives, and dressing. Stir well to coat. Then add the hard-boiled eggs and dill. Stir again to coat. Add extra salt or pepper to taste. Chill in the refrigerator or transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh dill before serving.