Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 1/2 c mashed, ripe bananas (about 4)
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c walnuts, roughly chopped
Adapted from everybodylikessandwiches.com
Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour one loaf tin and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the bananas, sugars, butter, milk and egg. In another bowl, combine the flour, espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips & walnuts.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 55 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in a pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.