- Lemon Torte
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds/almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- Lemon Glaze
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
Adapted from bakingbites.com
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan (or springform pan) and line the bottom with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs one at a time, waiting until each is fully incorporated before adding the next. Beat in lemon zest.
Mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by half of the lemon juice.
Add another 1/3 of the flour mixture, then the rest of the lemon juice and the rest of the flour. Stir only until no streaks of flour remain and batter is uniform. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool pan in cake for 15 minutes.
While the cake cools, whisk all glaze ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Pour over cake, then let cake cool completely in pan.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)