Pasta with Mushrooms
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 6 tablespoon (3/4 stick) butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Portobello mushroom caps (about 6 ounces), sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
Add garlic, and saute 1 minute.
Add mushrooms and saute 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, the Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon basil, and the pepper to skillet; mix well.
Serve tortellini topped with sauteed mushrooms and sprinkled with remaining 1 tablespoon basil.