Quail Eggs & Prosciutto Crostini
Simple and rustic, this dish lets each ingredient shine: the crunch of the bread, the salty prosciutto, the fatty quail eggs, and the sharp Asiago, with fresh basil.
- 1/2 crusty French or Italian loaf, cut into slices
- 10 quail eggs
- 10 thin slices Asiago cheese
- 5 thin slices prosciutto, cut in half
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh basil for garnish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Place the slices of bread on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake under the broiler for about 3 minutes until the bread is crusty. Be careful not to burn it.
Fry the quail eggs in a little bit of olive oil and separate each quail egg.
On each slice of bread add a slice of asiago cheese, prosciutto and a quail egg. Add freshly ground pepper and garnish with chopped fresh basil.
You'll also love
- Irish Soda Bread 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Thai-Style Chicken Soup 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Chewy Sugar Cookies 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Christmas Wreath Cookies 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Zucchini Fries 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Blintzes with... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Strawberry Blintzes 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Collard & Mustard Greens with Bacon 4.4/5 (41 Votes)