Smoked Sausage Alfredo
The robust taste of smoked sausage is perfectly blended into a pasta of heavy cream, Cajun seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4” slices (or any brand)
- 8 oz. pasta, cooked, drained (I use penne pasta)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cooked frozen green peas
- 2 - 3 diced tomatoes, depending on size
Adapted from sausagesosimple.com
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, sauté sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Depending on the sausage you use, you may have to drain the grease.
3. Add cream and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese. Add pasta to sauce and toss.
4. Add cooked peas and tomatoes.