Cornmeal-Battered Oven-Fried Catfish
- 1/2 cup uncooked yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free skim milk
- 2 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 1 pound catfish fillets cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pound asparagus steamed
- 1 medium lemon quartered
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix cornmeal, paprika, thyme, salt, celery seeds, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper together in a shallow soup bowl. Pour milk into another shallow soup bowl.
Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Dredge fillets first in milk, then in cornmeal mixture, coating both sides and pressing cornmeal mixture gently to adhere. Place coated fillets on baking sheet and lightly spray each with cooking spray.
Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let stand at room temperature 2 minutes before serving. Serve with lemon wedge.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 1 fillet and 1/4 of asparagus per serving.
Points® Value: 5
You'll also love
- Corned Beef And Corn Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cool And Creamy Tomato-Dill Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Crab Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Basil And Tomato Shrimp Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Dijon Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 'Fried' Fish Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn And Bean Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blackened Catfish 0/5 (0 Votes)