Cool And Creamy Tomato-Dill Soup
- 6 medium tomatoes cut into chunks (abt 8 cups)
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth reduced-sodium
- 3 large onions cut into chunks (abt 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup canned tomato paste
- 3 large garlic cloves peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill leaves stems removed
In a large pot, bring tomatoes, broth, onions, tomato paste, garlic, salt and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until onions are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Using a slotted spoon, lift solids from pot and transfer to a food processor or blender (you'll need to do this in a few batches); puree until smooth. Or puree soup in pot with an immersion blender.
Pour pureed ingredients into a large bowl along with any liquid left in pot; stir in buttermilk and dill. Refrigerate until chilled (can be refrigerated for up to 5 days).
This recipe yields 8 servings; about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Points® Value: 1