Spicy Noodle Stir-Fry with Vegetables
A stir-fry is an easy, quick, nutritious and delicious meal.This combo of noodles, veggies and spices with an Asian flair is sure to please.
- 2 nests dried, medium egg noodles (I used Blue Dragon, low fat noodles)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1/2 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock or water
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 fresh red chilies, minced (use per intensity and taste)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 4 baby corns, halved lengthwise
- 4 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 4 snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 2 tablespoons scallions (spring onion), thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Lime wedges, for squeezing
Adapted from nashplateful.blogspot.com
Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook noodles for 3-4 minutes until al dente, following package directions. Rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients, and whisk to blend. Set aside.
Heat the wok or skillet until very hot. Add the sesame seeds and stir-fry over high heat until golden. The key to stir-frying is to quickly cook over high heat. Keep the food moving to avoid burning or scorching, and ensure even cooking. Remove and set aside.
Reheat the wok and add the oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry onions over high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly tender. Toss in ginger, garlic and chiles, and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
Add all the vegetables except scallions and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Then add a splash of stock to the wok and cover to create some steam. Cook for a minute, or until vegetables are just heated through and still crunchy.
Increase the heat to high, and stir in half the sauce. Add noodles, remaining sauces, and scallions, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, and stir around until everything is blended and the noodles are heated through.
Transfer to bowls and top with sesame seeds. Serve immediately with hot sauce and lime wedges on the side.
You'll also love
- Adam & Maxine's Famous Latkes 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Merry Cherry Scones 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- HG's Sweet-Cream Pumpkin Muffins 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with... 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle and Dumpling... 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Broccoli Fritto 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Broccoli with Parmesan Bread Crumbs 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Peanut Noodles 4.5/5 (29 Votes)