Spaghetti Beef Casserole Recipe - Freezer Meal
1 piece equals 434 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
•Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in two large skillets, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the soups, water and mushrooms.
• Drain spaghetti. Add spaghetti and 1 cup cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
•To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).