- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can diced green chiles (4 oz)
- 1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (16oz) jar taco sauce
- 2 (16oz) cans refried beans
- 12 8inch flour tortillas
- 9 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 5 more minutes. Drain any excess fat. Mix in green chile peppers, tomatoes, taco sauce and refried beans. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture, then a layer of cheese. Repeat tortilla, meat and cheese pattern until all tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat mixture and cheese.
4. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.