Cajun Crab Cakes
- 2 servings olive oil cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat jumbo
- 2 tablespoons uncooked quick oats
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers diced (from a water-packed jar)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Creole or Cajun seasoning divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick oats
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, 2 tablespoons of oats, peppers, mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of seasoning and mustard; mix gently to combine, being careful not to break up crabmeat lumps.
In a shallow dish, combine remaining 3/4 cup of oats and remaining teaspoon of seasoning.
Shape crab mixture into 4 equal patties, about 1-inch thick each. Transfer crab cakes to oat mixture and turn to coat both sides. Transfer crab cakes to prepared baking sheet and coat surfaces with cooking spray.
Bake until crab cakes are firm to the touch and golden brown, about 15 minutes. (Note: These are tasty plain but you can jazz them up with a sauce made from fat-free mayonnaise spiked with horseradish.)
This recipe yields 4 servings; 1 cake per serving.
Points® Value: 3