- serves 3-4.
- 16 oz. (one package) dry linguine
- 14 oz. (one can) diced tomatoes with juices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 big sprigs of basil (plus a few more leaves for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt + pepper
In a large pot combine the first ten ingredients listed above. Bring the liquid to a roaring boil. Slightly reduce the heat (to a low boil) and cook for nine minutes until the pasta is al dente. Be sure to stir the pasta every once in a while so none of it sticks to the bottom of the pot. I like to check the pasta but removing a piece and taking a bite (don't burn yourself!). If it's almost cooked all the way through then you're done.