Tuscan Turkey Slow Cooker Pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breasts cut 1" pieces
- 16 ounces canned kidney beans drained, rinsed
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 29 ounces canned Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms drained, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 medium celery stalk chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti broken in half
Place all ingredients, except spaghetti, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Turn setting to high heat, stir in spaghetti and cover. Stir again after 10 minutes, cover and cook until pasta is tender, about 20 minutes more.
This recipe yields 8 servings; about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Points® Value: 4