Liza's Peach Cobbler
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups - 1 3/4 cups sugar (sweetness preference)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5-6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 pound of butter, melted (do not use margarine)
- whipped cream or ice cream
Sift together the 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
Make a well in middle of dry ingredients and add egg in well. Stir mixture with a fork until crumbly and set aside.
In separate bowl place peaches, stir together the remaining flour and sugar and add to fruit.
Spread fruit evenly in ungreased square 8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle flour mixture over fruit and drizzle melted butter on top, evenly.
Bake 40 minutes or until top is golden. Serve warm with either whipped or ice cream.