MIKE'S COCONUT CORNFLAKE TEXAS RANGER COOKIES
Simple ingredients make a delicious soft chewey cookie.
- 1 1/2 c. shortening or butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 c. cornflakes
- 2 c. coconut
- 1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the shortening, eggs, sugars, and the vanilla extract or almond extract together until they are light and fluffy.
2. Add the dry ingredients mixing well by hand until well blended.
** Do not use electric mixer to blend the dry ingredients, do this by hand.
3. By hand fold in the coconut, cornflakes, and the nuts if you are using nuts in this recipe.
4. With a large spoon, drop cookie batter on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper making the cookies approximately the size of a quarter and press lightly. Be careful not to place them to closely together on the pan as these cookies will spread while baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and leave them on the pans for approximately 1 minute and then remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
NOTE: Bake until the cookies are lightly browned on the top and the cookies are slightly brown around the edges. **Do not overbake. Remember, cookies left on a hot cookie sheet will still continue to bake even after they have been removed them from the oven.