Pumpkin Spice Cake & Cream Cheese Frosting
This cake has pumpkin spice and everything nice! The spiced flavors from the cake and the cream cheese frosting go together perfectly.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package plain spice cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned or mashed fresh
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from bakefrostrepeat.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly mist baking pans with spray and set aside.
Place the cake mix, pudding mix, pumpkin, oil, water, eggs, cinnamon, and ginger in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look thick and well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pans, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula. Place the pans in the oven.
Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 32-35 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Frost with cream cheese frosting, or frosting of choice.
Beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and blend until all incorporated. Frost cake.
You'll also love
- Banana Cake with Fluffy Cream... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Microwave Peanut Brittle Microwave 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Top Heavy Crumb Cake 3.7/5 (394 Votes)
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Crack Potatoes or Loaded Potato... 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake... 4/5 (100 Votes)