Summer Squash & Tomato Casserole
Go down to the market this weekend and pick up some fresh squash and tomatoes and prepare this great, flavorful casserole for the family.
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 1/3 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 summer squash
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from recipe4living.com
Preheat oven 375°F. Grease a 9x9-inch pan.
Chop onion fine, thinly slice tomatoes and squash.
Combine mozzarella, parmesan, feta, oregano, basil, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In the pan, lay down half of the sliced squash. Layer 1/4 of the cheese/herb mixture, then half of the tomatoes, another 1/4 cheese/herbs, and repeat.
In a skillet, sauté the onions with butte, then stir in breadcrumbs. Sprinkle this atop the layered casserole.
To bake, cover with foil and put in oven for 25 minutes, then remove foil, and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Cool slightly then serve.
You'll also love
- Sausage and Broccoli Rabe... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Ginger and Roasted Peach Tequila... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Honey Roasted Potatoes 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Crispy, Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cornbread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Latte 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Zucchini Lasagna 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato and Zucchini Salad 4.5/5 (12 Votes)