Caramelized Onion & Peppered Bacon Flatbread
This delicious Caramelized Onion & Peppered Bacon Flatbread recipe makes the perfect finger food, just cut them into 2 inch squares and watch how fast they disappear!
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Cayenne Pepper
- 8 slices thick-sliced bacon
- 4 cups thinly sliced sweet onion (about 1 pound)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 55mins
Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10-inch pan sides with aluminum foil. Place cooling rack in pan.
In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, combine brown sugar, black pepper and cayenne; shake to combine. Separate bacon slices and place in bag; shake to coat. Place bacon on rack in pan.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, turning once halfway through baking, or until bacon is browned and thoroughly cooked. Cool completely. Chop bacon; set aside.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onions are golden brown. Remove from heat; set aside.
Spray15x10-inch pan with sides with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough in pan; press dough to edges of pan. Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
Spread onion mixture over partially baked crust; top with drained tomatoes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; top with bacon.
Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheeses are melted.
Remove from oven; sprinkle with basil.
You'll also love
- Watermelon Sorbet 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Apricot Baked Brie 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Bacon and Dried Tomato Scones 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Mustard Roasted Carrots 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Baked Acorn Squash Fries 4.2/5 (56 Votes)
- Green Bean Salad with Red Onion... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Roast Chicken Breasts with... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry Bacon Salad with Honey... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)