- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 3 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 block extra firm, drained tofu
- 1/2 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
Cook 1/2 cup quinoa as directed; refrigerate half for Wednesday lunch. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, sauté 1/4 cup each chopped red onion, chopped tomato and chopped yellow bell pepper with 1 finely chopped garlic clove in 1 tsp olive oil, stirring frequently, until vegetables are soft, 4 minutes. Add quinoa, 1/2 tsp olive oil, 1/8 tsp kosher salt and pepper to taste; cook until warm, 2 minutes. Slice 1/3 block extra firm, drained tofu into 3 pieces.
On a plate, combine 1/2 tbsp whole-wheat flour, 1/4 tsp each black pepper and garlic powder and 1/8 tsp kosher salt. In 2 bowls, place 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk and 3 tbsp shredded coconut. Coat tofu slices with flour mixture, almond milk and coconut. In same skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tsp olive oil; cook tofu until golden brown on all sides, turning, 6 minutes. Serve tofu over quinoa and vegetables.